lovelylime

Lost in a Royal Kiss
Vanessa Kelly
Michio Kaku

Shadowfell

Shadowfell - Juliet Marillier Thanks for the copy, netgalley!Shadowfell impressed me from the moment I started reading. I don't read a lot of fantasy, so maybe that's why I'm so impressed, but I think it's more favorable to believe that Shadowfell is just that good.Be warned though, much of the book is just Neryn stumbling around, sick or starving. But I definitely find both of those necessary for her growth as a character. She starts out as a fairly weak heroine, in my opinion, and blossoms into a heroine who matures with the responsibility of her entire world on her shoulders. It's a bit sad to see her so disenchanted, she was quite naive to begin with; but there's no other person for her to be.I enjoyed the scene in Odd's Cave with the pool and the "old man". It was quite stunning to read.The thing that I love the most about this book I think is the ideas that it covers isn't something I see often in young adult fiction, this has so much more... depth. I'm eagerly awaiting book two, I am so impatient. I'll jump on it the moment it's possible. I want more Neryn and Flint romance pronto.