lovelylime

Lost in a Royal Kiss
Vanessa Kelly
Michio Kaku

Pure (Pure Trilogy)

Pure - Julianna Baggott Thanks to netgalley for the copy!Pure was a rough start. For about the first 100 pages, nothing much happened and I wasn't enjoying the read. The idea was interesting, the world was interesting, but all the exposition and sluggish moving was really grating. I really had to force myself to read a daily requirement for it. I'm less tolerant with ebooks when it comes to slow moving plots, but I think even as a hardback this one would have pressed me. So, I don't blame anyone who quit under 150 pages or so; I was pretty ready to do so myself. But I trudged on! And I was rewarded.Once the plot starts actually moving it's quite good. There wasn't a lot of quiet after Pressia and Partridge arrive at Bradwell's doorstep. There was action, death, gore, mutilation, betrayal. All good things for a plot. As a fan of the darker side of literature, I was quite pleased with the overall impression of Pure. Bradwell is my favorite character. Baggott did a good job with him, just because he encompasses the rage that everyone feels. The rage you would feel if you were left to die the way they were. He's crafty, resourceful, reliable, but realistic. He knows the way things are and won't delude you into anything different. ALSO HELMUD. He was pretty awesome after all. El Capitan and all was pretty great. I almost clapped when he came back the second time for Pressia. BUT HELMUD. So good. Of course, the ending was fairly predictable but I was immensely glad it turned out that way, everyone with their respective partners and the like. Of course it's book one, so there's more to come, but it's nice to have everyone together at the end. Also I must add it's nice to read a young adult book where the romance is actually quite secondary to the plot.