lovelylime

Jane Lark
Lost in a Royal Kiss
Vanessa Kelly
Michio Kaku

Dance of Shadows (Dance of Shadows - Trilogy)

Dance of Shadows - Yelena Black This is a hard book to rate, because for most of the book I was at a solid, mediocre 3 stars. But in light of the ending and the book as a whole in retrospect, I feel as though it deserves another star despite my disappointment that it didn't live up to the creep factor I had been hoping desperately for (there's definitely a significant lack of creep in YA). But looking around that bias I do think it's a decent mystery novel, just nothing to make my skin crawl or my spine tingle.I think it you're looking for something for a little different and you don't mind reading a lot of ballet scenes (stunning scenes really, but I've always been interested in ballet, so I'm speaking from bias) then this will be a good book for you. And really, the ballet scenes were my favorite part--especially the end. The detail and everything was just perfect.But the day-to-day school life did get marginally annoying and boring, Vanessa's circular logic was tiring. There wasn't nearly as much self doubt as I would have suspected. She makes feeling like you're going crazy to be a pretty mundane experience.I received a free copy via netgalley. thanks!