lovelylime

Lost in a Royal Kiss
Vanessa Kelly
Michio Kaku
The Murmurings - Carly Anne West

The Murmurings has all the elements for quality creepfest: an original, creepy as hell creature from beyond the grave; a creepy doctor driven by his own obsession; and a conspiracy just below the surface.

Sophie is a pretty average teenager--despite the fact that her sister had schizophrenia and was recently found dead. To cope, her mom turned to alcoholism and Sophie is ostracized by her peers. To make things worse, Sophie can hear these whispers, murmurings really, just beside her ear that she can't quite make out--all the symptoms that drove her sister insane and landed her in the mental facility Oakside. Or did it? Was her sister telling the truth?

There is some pretty good quality romance but the romance does take a backseat the the plot. Evan is a likable love interest, I love his sweetness and insecurity. I wouldn't delve into this for the love story though, there is so much here far more worthy than the love story. The plot is the golden goose.I received a free copy from edelweiss. thanks!