lovelylime

Jane Lark
Lost in a Royal Kiss
Vanessa Kelly
Michio Kaku
The Philosophical Practitioner - Larry Abrams Every now and then I encounter a book in which I feel my reading efforts would be more useful elsewhere. I did get quite far in The Philosophical Practitioner before that feeling came over me. But there were quite a few reasons why.First of all, I had no interest in the main plot. I was not intrigued, or interested in why the "gun lady" wanted to kill this guy. Not in the least. The most interesting part of the book was the guy's clients, but even that after awhile became repetitive. The whole Sheila relationship was also something I didn't like. There's a lot of redundancy in this book. He mentions the unknown nature of his practice a lot. More than necessary. Plus the main character has this habit of going off on tangents that are unwanted and unneeded, they really take away from the book.All in all, this just wasn't the book for me.copy received by netgalley. thanks!