lovelylime

Jane Lark
Lost in a Royal Kiss
Vanessa Kelly
Michio Kaku
Orchid, Volume 1 - Tom Morello, Dan Jackson, Scott Hepburn The artwork in this is stunning. A lot of the "main character" designs I may not be fond of (Simon for example) but it kind of grows on me. Orchid has a perfectly fine character design, same with Opal, but for me the stunning art lays in the background. The people in the background and the landscapes, plus the monsters. The monsters are beautifully grotesque. I love it.I love the setting. I'm always a sucker for a good dystopia. I don't find it "good" as in "realistic" so to say, but I find it good as in entertaining, compelling, and just an overall good story.This volume was mostly introduction and a ton of historical background on the world and on some of the characters. This is certainly a "lower class rebelling against the ruling class/'government'." Using the term government quite loosely here, I don't think the world is quite organized enough to qualify.copy provided by netgalley. thanks!