lovelylime

Jane Lark
Lost in a Royal Kiss
Vanessa Kelly
Michio Kaku
The Black Moth - Georgette Heyer I'm kinda surprised by the criticism, honestly. It's a fun little novel, very light, not much substance but an entertaining read. It also has a lot more action that I generally associate with Heyer's work. It was Heyer's first novel and for anyone that's read any of her other work that's pretty obvious--I assure you, she gets better.All of that said, I rather enjoyed it, Jack and Diana are so cute and the plot was kind of lovely all except for that weird part after the duel between Jack and the Duke and then they all the stay the night there, including Diana! What? And then everything's all peachy afterwards, like the Duke didn't forcibly kidnap Diana against her will and hold her in his house against her will and make advances when she clearly tells him not to. That was the only part, besides perhaps the obvious predictability of the ending that I really objected to. It seemed weird and out of place--plus the Duke doesn't suffer any consequences from his actions either other than Diana won't have anything to do with him (and she didn't want anything to do with him to begin with!)So go ahead and read it, it's entertaining and not a bad romance in the least, but don't expect too much out of it, I'm afraid, or you'll be disappointed.