lovelylime

Lost in a Royal Kiss
Vanessa Kelly
Michio Kaku

Let the Right One In

Let the Right One In - John Ajvide Lindqvist This is one of my favorite books, I actually saw the Swedish film first, which was really well done, but to be honest, the book was so, so much better. It's dark, it's intense, and unfortunate for many of the characters, but despite the vampire aspect, I found it incredibly real. Yes, it was disturbing. Yes, that made it better. The characters were almost exaggeratedly flawed (pedophilia, various violent murders, not to mention Oskar displayed a lot of the early signs of being a serial killer) yet their flaws just seemed to humanize them, because as much as we want to deny it, those things are out there.