lovelylime

Lost in a Royal Kiss
Vanessa Kelly
Michio Kaku

Long Lankin

Long Lankin - Lindsey Barraclough Thanks to netgalley for the copy!This is an interesting book. I love horror that stretches back into history, and this is one of those. The story was awesome! It had quite a few creepy parts, Long Lankin is definitely deserving of being creep of the year (I also love long, lanky monsters though they're nothing new) and there were quite a few startling moments, though not a lot of suspense until the end. I'm especially fond of the part where Cora looks out the window and sees Lankin in the yard. It wasn't terribly scary for me, but for us older folks that's to be expected, it's geared to a younger audience and I think it'd be quite frightening for preteens. My main beef with this story is the point of view shifting so much. Sometimes it would shift two or three times in a page, which is really distracting, and sometimes I either have to double check who "I" is, or guess based on context, which can get annoying. Really, with the amount of times the author changes narrators it would have been more successful to have just done it in third person. There's also a few times the author slips into a scene that takes place in the past with little warning and it's a bit disorientating and jarring. Overall though, I think it was worth the read, but you're also not missing anything in particular by skipping it over. Not bad though!