lovelylime

Jane Lark
Lost in a Royal Kiss
Vanessa Kelly
Michio Kaku

Rake with a Frozen Heart (Harlequin Historical Series #1088)

Rake with a Frozen Heart (Harlequin Historical Series #1088) - Thanks to netgalley for giving me a copy!This is one of my favorite "recent" regency romances. Usually they're a guilty pleasure for me because not only is the writing a bit sub-par but the plots aren't that fantastic either and it's really just shameless erotica and romance. But Marguerite Kaye did a really good job with this book. Not only is she a good writer, the plot was cute, even if it is a "damsel-in-distress" storyline (everyone needs saving sometimes, okay.) Plus, Henrietta isn't a "perfect" heroine of beauty comparable to Aphrodite, and that's refreshing in any romance. She's by no means ugly, but a little plump? Fabulous. Other physical flaws? Even better. Average girls need love too! I also like the little twist of "bad-boy isn't actually a bad boy". Very nice. Rafe St. Alban is quite the gentleman, certainly what Henrietta deserves. I also like that this novel wasn't a repetitive "I can't live without you! omg I'm gonna die without youuuuuu", and each one of them at one point was determined to go on without the other. It's refreshing to see it.