lovelylime

Lost in a Royal Kiss
Vanessa Kelly
Michio Kaku

This Perfect Day

This Perfect Day - Ira Levin This should probably be the dystopia classic, it's a lot more gripping than 1984. Plus, there's something more disturbing about being content with your dystopia instead of fearing it--like it is here and in Brave New World. They have a lot of similarities, but the plot overall is entirely different. I think everything is far more controlled in this novel, everything has a specific day, they only eat one kind of food, etc etc. This novel is truly brilliant. I think the best thing is how well crafted the world is, there really isn't any sort of loopholes for anyone, and that's the scary part. Every single part of the world is controlled, even the ones that aren't controlled by Uni are still playing into Uni's plan. Thinking out a dystopia system that works that flawlessly isn't an easy thing (if it was, we'd probably see a lot more of it).I recommend it for anyone who likes dystopias.copy provided by netgalley. Thanks!