lovelylime

Jane Lark
Lost in a Royal Kiss
Vanessa Kelly
Michio Kaku
Days of Splendor, Days of Sorrow: A Novel of Marie Antoinette - Juliet Grey This is the second book in a Marie Antoinette trilogy. I haven't read the first one, but I don't think it's necessary if you're familiar with her story at all (though I'd like to go back and read it anyway). This one starts out when King Louis XV has died and her husband, Louis-Auguste has ascended to the throne. This is an okay interpretation. I say it's just okay because I don't like the "voice" she uses for Marie Antoinette, she would have done better to use third person. The first person is really distant, too distant to feel like her. I don't know. It didn't fit. I did like the letters, though, especially the ones from Axel to his sister, Sophia. They were a nice break from the monotonous tone of the first person. The first scene was also super well written, but it was a pretty confusing way to start the novel. I was very confused about what that had to do with anything, and I don't think it should have been the very first scene. If you want a good Antoinette book, I suggest "Abundance".