lovelylime

Vanessa Kelly
Michio Kaku

Suburban Legends: True Tales of Murder, Mayhem, and Minivans

Suburban Legends: True Tales of Murder, Mayhem, and Minivans - Sam Stall

This book is a pretty fun read. I mean, who doesn't want to hear all the strange things that occur in Suburbia? I did think it was going to cover more true crime than it did, judging by the subtitle: "True Tales of Murder, Mayhem, and Minivans". However, the true crime is pretty limited, and most of it I had already heard of from other sources.

The bulk of the book is supernatural, extraterrestrial, and cryptozoology.

If you're interested in that stuff, dive right ahead.

There were some interesting points. I thought the family that had the mysterious wet spots all the time was particularly interesting phenomenon, if it's true. There were lots, and I mean lots of stories of poltergeists and ghosts in here, though to the author's credit, he selected ones that were all different and peculiar (one had an obsession with bottles, one didn't like the owner redecorating, another was a pyromaniac). Most of the extraterrestrial stories seemed like hoaxes. The cryptozoology portion was interesting but, not necessarily believable, which is the fun of cryptozoology I think (how about a family who's 70lb son was almost carried off by a giant bird in the middle of Suburban America?)

So if you're into the supernatural, extraterrestrial, or anything just a little to out there to be true, maybe you should pick this up.