lovelylime

Jane Lark
Lost in a Royal Kiss
Vanessa Kelly
Michio Kaku

Bibliodaze Post: Dylan Farrow Is Not Lolita: An Open Letter to Joyce Carol Oates.

Reblogged from The Book Lantern:

The only connection between Lolita and Woody Allen is that both are another reminder that our society will never put young girls first. We’ll still idolise the old white men who control our narratives because to do otherwise is tantamount to “palpable bitchery” and a “lynch mob”. People will still buy R Kelly’s music, they’ll think of Jimmy Page without ever mentioning Lori Maddox, they’ll claim Rihanna was as responsible for the domestic abuse she received as Chris Brown was for doing it. Woody Allen will be allowed to continue his career with the kind of deifying that we seldom see for women in the public eye.

Read more on Bibliodaze!