I have been researching several posts for a sub genre by sub genre look at Big Beautiful Women (BBW) in Romanceland and boy, have I read a great deal of interesting stuff.
The posts in response of a Smart Bitches, Trashy Books article of several years ago highlight the weight and beauty debate in American and around the world and it ain't pretty. This was 2008 and so I hope the discussion has evolved.
I like to celebrate diverse storytelling in romance and the plus sized heroine especially in Historical Romance sings that song well.
Big and tall or simply well rounded, these women bring a little something extra to genre. I like it best when heroines are happy with the themselves but at least the heroes always are!
Here are some good ones for your reading pleasure.
1. Pleasure for Pleasure by Eloisa James
2. Suddenly You by Lisa Kleypas
3. Train Station Bride by Holly Bush
5. Romancing Mister Bridgerton by Julia Quinn
6. The Stolen Princess by Anne Gracie
7. Taming the Wolf by Deborah Simmons
8. Jacq's Warlord by Delilah Devlin
9. His at Night by Sherry Thomas
If you would like to vote for the best of the best go to this Goodreads list: Full Figured Romance: BBW Historical Heroines.
For images of beauty in a larger glass and more recommendations of BBW of all genres of Romance, check out the Pinterest Board. Real Curves: Best Heroines of Romance Who Have'em.
Take a good gander at the incomparable Lillian Russell. Never slim, always stunning.